Sunday, March 9, 2008

Little Rays of Sunshine






This little ray of sunshine, my granddaughter, Samantha, was the center of attention today at her first birthday party. She was just so sweet and happy during the whole event. Not very many good pictures but I thought this one was just perfect to capture the day.

Her Mom, Sara, my second daughter, is just behind her.

The party was graciously hosted by my son and his wife and it was a lovely day.

I managed to get through the day but the flu still has a tight grip on me and I found just getting myself there and back, via a visit to LM and Bob was a bit more than I could handle so I was in bed at 8 last night.

LM and I had a nice conversation in which he revealed more and more how his illness and surgery has upset his emotions. It is a good thing for him to be talking about this impact on his life and we both agreed that a call to "Mended Hearts" for someone to visit him would be helpful. This is an organization of people who have experienced open heart surgery who volunteer their time helping others navigate the aftermath. We both feel we need a way to sort out the feelings. He is planning to call his primary care provider today for medication modifications and to discuss the continuing discomfort he has in his throat which prevents him from eating easily.

I found some pretty bunches of daffodils at Trader Joe's yesterday and brought some to LM....hopefully, they will open and light the way for a better week.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You write very well.