Sunday, December 28, 2008

Quiet

A very quiet, dark and foggy day. A time to continue resting from all the holiday festivities.
After a very slow morning, I drove over to visit Sara briefly and took her some ham salad I had made with the leftovers from Christmas. We discussed making curtains to provide privacy and warmth for Samantha's bedroom and on my way to see a movie, I stopped at Marshall's and found some wonderful fairy princess flannel sheets and will use them to make the curtains! They were on sale for 10. - a great deal. Nice to have a little project ahead, too.

I went to see "Milk" and it truly is a masterpiece. Sean Penn most certainly will be in top contention for an Oscar. It was very moving, having lived through that time, and it is a beautiful depiction of his work in the gay rights movement. What a brave man he was, and he truly was acting for the common good and not just for gay rights. After the tears dried, I made my way over to see LM who is even sicker today. Hopefully, tomorrow will be better for him. He is not complaining, just laying low and drinking fluids.
A year ago today, LM and I were just launching our very memorable road trip to FL. We have been talking about those memories a lot this week. We both feel like we would love to be on the road again like that....hard to describe the joy and closeness we felt on that trip. Somewhere back in the archives here there are pictures and words but they really don't do it justice. Magic!

Meanwhile, Ms G had a traumatic day....she had made a nice nest in the unmade bed and her cruel mother decided to change the sheets......I am still being punished. She let out a huge yowl when I began moving her. An extra serving of treats is on the agenda tonight as I attempt to atone for my bad behavior.

5 comments:

amy in ct said...

funny how we treat our 'pets' like they are equal members of society... well, i guess some of them really are :)
hope LM is better soon, it sucks to be sick especially at the holiday time. i have to tell you i enjoy your encouraging words, you help get me thru the waiting periods, knowing i am not the only one who waits.
i hope you get to go on another road trip soon.
amy

amy in ct said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
amy in ct said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
amy in ct said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
MsGraysea said...

Thanks Amy, I have been in relationships where the waiting was almost obsessive and I did nothing for myself or others...very unhealthy...while waiting. Now, I look on it as an opportunity to nurture my own needs so that I can be a better partner, and with LM he has many obligations to others n his life. He is always in touch by phone every few hours though. He always needs to know I am OK and I need the same from him. He has NEVER left me wondering where he is, etc and I so appreciate that.
I also wanted to tell you that my sister waited 10 years for a man who was raising his 4 children alone. Finally, when the last one was in college they put their lives together and it was heavenly. I say, was, because after 5 yrs of marriage, he died of melanoma. A heartbreak beyond words after they waited so long.
Are you working full-time?