Friday, March 13, 2009

Saying Good-Bye to Dad

Well, really not good-bye as he is all part of us and now in nature all around us his spirit lives.

Yesterday was a full day of reunions, laughing, tears and non-stop talking. Seeing all my siblings, children, nieces, nephews and various grandchildren in one place was overwhelming and amazing. How nice it felt. We all came through the two calling hour times quite well, many of us sharing a nice dinner in between. There were some very poignant moments which I will try to relate in another post. I am on sensory overload now and trying to prepare to give a eulogy to Dad this morning.

There is a calmness over me and a feeling of peace. I know a lot of that energy comes from many friends who cannot be with us at this time and also reflects how Dad would have been.

LM was too sick to be with me last night but he says today he will be ready and happy to be by my side to get through the services.
The sun is beautiful and it promises to be warmer today. There is a huge party in the afternoon.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Our hearts are with you and all your family. May God give you all strength to get through today and the days to come...debbie

Unknown said...

Thinking of you and your family today. I am glad that the sun was out and I am sure it was a lovely service.

Love,
Lori

Anonymous said...

Hope things are going ok with you and your family. Been thinking of you. I know after everyone leaves and it qets too quiet sometimes the sadness sneeks in. Know your thought of...debbie