Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Going Through the Motions

There has been a lot to do in preparation for Dad's funeral to be held this week on Thurs and Friday. Many, many family members have had to coordinate flights, car rentals, and hotel accommodations, as well as just arranging their home lives and work long enough to be away 4-5 days.
Yesterday, I, the oldest, and Sam, the youngest, visited the funeral home to make those arrangements. We both seemed to get through it on auto-pilot. There is a constant flow of calls, e-mails and caring.
I canceled my surgery which was scheduled for yesterday afternoon, fearing that the implications might leave me unable to speak well on Friday at the funeral.
There is a strange numbness which is over me and somehow my body is getting done what needs to be done, although it goes so far and shuts down. Crying, remembering, feeling a void. Meditating when I can "calm the committee."
Today and tomorrow I will return to work That is about it from me this morning.

No comments: