Friday, January 3, 2014

Recovery

As a raging blizzard does it thing outside my windows, my body is continuing its successful raging against the flu.....doing quite a good job I would say, slow and steady. A few symptoms ease each day, and today, so far, the awful headache is gone. My head is still stuffy and the vertigo is there so I have to be careful moving around. I feel a lot of relief that we didn't lose power. That was a concern yesterday and overnight, as roads were pretty much blocked. I am still not able to get to my car, let alone dig it out. LM's is not able to get out of his house, either, and his car is under a huge drift. He has wisely decided not to shovel. He's hunkered down with the very curious Ms G. She's busy gazing out at the blowing snow.

We have about 6 more hours of snow to go. The high tide flooding will not get close to my place so that is a relief.

I appreciate your little messages of concern, and I am resting, drinking lots of fluids and taking in nature's beauty out my windows.


5 comments:

Balisha said...

Just checking in...So glad to hear that you are feeling some better. I hope you let nature take it's course and just rest and take care of yourself.
Hope your home is warm and toasty.
Balisha

Judy said...

Just about the time you get dug out, the 6-10 inches falling on us tomorrow through Monday will be headed your way. Reminds me of the winters we had when I was a kid. Stay inside!! Work on a quilt--keep warm.

Sally Wessely said...

I'm so sorry you've been sick. I've been away from blogland over the holidays. I too have had the flu. I've been sick off and on since Thanksgiving. I hope you get better soon. Stay in. Stay warm. Get better.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Continue to heal...
Below zero expected tonight
in my area
but no snow
hopefully ice
does no harm
and I do not plan on
going anywhere :)

MBG said...

Sorry you've been sick, Kitty. Flu is nasty. So glad to hear you'r feeling better. Happy New Year!

Merry