This morning, after sleeping 4 hours longer than normal, I managed to get myself out of the house to head for Orleans to do some long overdue errands. As a resolve to get my thoughts on the beauty around me and grasp at recovery, here is a little list of some of the wonderful things I saw and experienced on my two hour excursion:
- Daffodils glowing through fog
- A large Great Blue Heron fishing at a beach on Pleasant Bay
- The edge of the ocean at very low tide...very still and peaceful
- A nesting swan, her mate sitting just to her side
- Trees beginning to flower
- The beauty of new leaves
- A snowy egret mingling with ducks at a little pond near my house
- Lots of people out and about shopping AND spending (notably at TJ Maxx where I found myself two nice items in clearance)
- A very busy fabric/quilting store filled with lovely new spring fabrics, and where I was stopped twice to receive compliments on my hair and my purse (a Laurel Burch cat bag)
- A phone call from my love to remind me to read his horoscope today, as it applies to us (quite sweet as I have not exactly been nice to him this week)
Today is the Maryland Sheep & Wool Festival and normally I am there each year. Alas, I am here, but my creativity is beginning to flow.
Despite myself, things are not quite as bad as they seem.