Saturday, August 2, 2008

A Lovely Birthday Part 1

I affectionately call the beautiful quilt on my bed this day "the love quilt". It was made as a very special gift to me by my very talented sister, Margaret, of Waterloo, Ontario. Back in the mid-90's when it became clear to me that I did not have time or space to continue quilting, I gave Margaret my entire stash of quilting fabric. Within a very short span of time, she created this work of art for me with many of the fabrics I had collected through the years. It is bound with the same fabric we used to bind the 50th wedding anniversary quilt for my parents in 1992. When Margaret presented me with this amazing gift her only request was that the quilt be used, and that I always allow cats to sleep on it! Easily done in my world as is evidenced below. Ms G loves this quilt.
I love getting up very early in the morning, well.....that is unless LM is here but that is another story. Ahem....anyway, my birthday began early and with some fun and games, Ms G style....there is nothing she loves more than to be made in to the bed.....right under the fitted sheet. She howls and carries on under there and manages to propel herself around as this moving lump begging me to pound on her through the quilt. She's been doing this since she was a kitten and it is quite hilarious to hear her. Eventually she works her way out after a few minutes of play, then she wants me to chase her around the house.




Then she waits for treats!!

That was the happy start to my birthday yesterday......Next there was a lovely birthday call from my dear daughter, Anne, wishing me a great day! Only the beginning of a wonderful day!

Stay tuned.........

No comments: