Sunday, December 12, 2010

Things Happen for a Reason

Friday night was the office Christmas party and it was really a lovely time. An opportunity to spend time with various co-workers and spouses, most especially my boss's wife and Mom to the two doggies I spend a lot of time with. We firmed up the plans for my stay there 12/17-12/27 while they go on a catamaran cruise in the British West Indies. The doggies have been undergoing some training with an ace dog trainer and I needed to learn the new routine. I think I'm ready!
Anyway, LM was unable to go to the party with me so I arrived late to his house and was so happy to just sit on the sofa with him and catch up on our respective news. Ms G was in full "time to go to bed, people" mode, and soon we were happily snoozing.
I was wide awake at 5:15 am feeling the best I have in awhile, thinking about the fact that I needed to get up and do some baking in preparation for Teddy's party. All of a sudden I realized that I had left one of Teddy's gifts at my house so I quickly hopped up, got dressed and was headed to the car. I loved all the things I saw on this little journey.....first, Ms G had been a bit agitated at my rush, I thought, but in reality, when I opened the back door in the early pre-dawn light, there was her "arch enemy" the large tabby cat who frequents the back steps. What a beauty. We both stopped in our tracks and made eye contact for a few seconds. Loved it. Ms G did not! Off to the car, I drove the 8 miles as the sun was getting ready to rise. What a perfect way to start the day. The forgotten items were quickly retrieved and I was on my way back to LM's, my path lit so beautifully by the sunrise. As I approached the Herring River, there was a low shaft of light shining down into the glade and there was a huge blue heron on the bank. Normally that area is dark and deep and I cannot see in to it very well, but this morning it was glorious. I would have missed all that beauty if I had not forgotten Teddy's pillowcase. So nice.
Here is the little birthday gift....thought you might like to see this very fun fabric, "Fish Fishing for Cats."
The finished case
I love this finned cat



After having a cup of tea and baking some corn muffins, I was off to the hair salon for a trim. When I returned, LM was eager to get me back to the bedroom.....no, not for what you think....his princess was all curled up on the tuffett of fleece blankets he makes for her each morning.
A tad indignant about the presence of the papparazzi.
We are off to celebrate Teddy....have a great weekend.

5 comments:

Linda said...

Sounds like you and Teddy are in for a wonderful day.

Beverly said...

The beginning of your day sounded wonderful....You have a gift of describing nature...I like that.

Anonymous said...

Good thing you remembered Teddy's gift! and, you saw several nice gifts too! I love the pillowcase! What darling fabric! You are such a sweet gramma!! Know the Birthday Party was a ton of fun! Hope to see some pictures soon!...debbie

Judy said...

I love that pillowcase. I'm sure he loved it too.

gucci handbags said...

I promise a desire to hope that the friends of mine are happy have not put like oneself happiness with coming the warm Christmas to like in every year's this time sending to my blessing Merry Christmas