Friday, May 7, 2010

In Honor of Ernie

This wonderful world of blogging brings a lot of love and friendship into our world, and many times, it is love of the feline persuasion. Thus, when, one of these friends passes on, we feel the loss, as if it were our own.
Ernie passed away yesterday and he leaves a big hole in many hearts, especially his "Mom," Debbie!
You were a very dear friend to many, Ernie, and as sad as it is to say good-bye, we are relieved that you are no longer suffering.
LM, Ms G and I send hugs and love from Cape Cod to our Happy Days family today!!

5 comments:

Julie said...

Oh the grief of losing a pet. The unconditional love and trust they have for you. The entertainment and aggrivation they provide...
I'm sorry for Deb's loss, it really takes a while to get over.
XXOO


J

Kittie Howard said...

I'm sad! Ernie looked like a really good guy, lots of love in his meows. I know it's best he's no longer suffering, but I'm still sad.

Anonymous said...

Oh, thank you so much for the kind and sweet Honor you gave my little Ernie. Made me cry. Thank you. I do miss him and I have seen him sitting on the counter out of the corner of my eye, and when I look again, there is nothing. I do go out in the evening around 11 pm and say good night to him. I know he is so much better off and his last day was not a good one. You are so sweet to honor him.

I hope you have a good Mother's Day. I am leaving here at 11 am and going to Mom's. My sister from Blacksburg, Va will be there too, so we will be up late into the night talking and catching up. It will be so nice to see them. I will be home Sunday by noon. The kids are coming over for a Bar-B-Q in the early afternoon. Am looking forward to that.

Thanks again, your so thoughtful. I appreciate it. and thank LM and Ms G....debbie

Erin | Bygone Living said...

So, so sorry for your loss ♥

Kitty Shepherd said...

What a super Puss Cat Ernie looks. I am very sad for you, there is nothing worse.