Friday, May 21, 2010

The Bedhog

She leads two lives....sun worshipper by day, bedhog by night!A very exhausted bedhog!
Love the stretched out front paws.....
Now, for a little comic relief....these days, I spend every weekend with my love, LM, and HIS cat that used to be my cat, Ms G, also known as The Bedhog in these parts. I often wake in the night wondering why I am hanging off the edge of the bed, only to look over and see that LM now has gray ears growing out of his knees! Amazing....if only I could catch that scene on camera, it would truly make this post more hilarious; thus, we will make due with these photos, taken by LM last Sunday morning as we enjoyed leisurely tea (moi) and coffee in the very sunny kitchen. Take note here that she is totally exhausted. Maintaining a horizontal position across the bed all night, and morphing into a bedhog is hard work. So we silly humans allow all this and spend some sweet sunny moments just admiring her beauty, and in awe of her abilities.
Ms G is the subject of LM's almost complete adoration; there is a tad for me, I am sure, but it makes me very happy that he loves this sweet gray bedhog, even if I have to white knuckle myself to the bed, lest I wake up as I hit the floor. It does insure that LM and I are cuddled closely, and we do love that always. Thanks little, I mean big, bedhog.

PS. Ms G had a HUGE adventure on Sunday evening. I'd no sooner gotten home, unpacked all my stuff....I call it the gypsy show....when LM called to relate what had just happened. He was in the living room when Ms G came racing by him, turned around quickly and ran back to the kitchen, all the while letting out some huge howls, growls, and hisses and throwing herself at the darkened back (glass!) door repeatedly. LM, never having "owned"(or should I say purloined) a cat before was quite taken aback by the huge noises emanating from this small cat. She set off the motion lights to reveal a brown tabby cat sitting on HER back step looking right in. The audacity! I do believe it is the first time in her 9 years that she has ever come close to seeing another cat. It is just amazing that she knew there was another cat out there. Her restlessness went on long after the terrified tabby left the scene, and each night she has been patrolling the perimeters keeping a close watch. Whew, big doin's at Chez LM and Ms G!

8 comments:

Kittie Howard said...

LOL! MsG's not about to share her good life! Anybody with paws and ears has gotta go! Could just see her going 'crazy'...fun, fun, fun! Our Chena was a bedhog, too (and she looked like Ms G...hmmm)...Chena dug in and would not move. We just paid the mortgage, Chena ruled! Loved your pics!!! (And will ck out that movie; have heard of it; thanks!!)

Anonymous said...

She has developed into a stalking Guard Cat and apparently went into killer mode upon the arrival of an obtrusive outside inturder. Heaven Forbid she ever get hold of one!! lol. I can just imagine LM watching all this unfold. Ernie would do that when another cat was outside. He would run from one window to another in full attack mode, growling and hissing...they think they are so fierce!! Enjoyed your post!! ...debbie

JusFrugal said...

I've got three bedhogs... I swear I need a bigger bed!

Linda said...

I love pictures and stories of Ms G.

Poppy said...

Loved the Mrs. G story.

You sound so happy...makes me smile.

MsGraysea said...

Thanks everyone, Ms G is such fun...we just sit around and laugh at her antics, and, of course, at our own silly dialogue that we imagine she is having with us! We are most certainly a bit daft!

Pearl Maple said...

Darling cat photos, hope you are enjoying a lovely early summer weekend there on the Cape.

AMIT said...

The pictures are really good.

Adsense Alternative