Tuesday, February 4, 2014

My Day

Stealing a minute to finally post this piece I started last Saturday before my home computer decided its time was up. I'm awaiting a new one and most likely will not have it ready to go until next week. Meanwhile, thanks to LM, last Friday I got out for a small expedition. We went grocery shopping and it was fun to have his help and take our time. My energy had waned considerably by the time we were done, but it felt great to be out in the world after nearly 6 weeks of confinement.  After we got back and I had a quick cuddle with Ms G, I knew I would have to head home fairly quickly to put groceries away and rest, but I got a huge shot of adrenaline as I began the drive home and encountered the deeply golden afternoon light on this tree just around the corner from LM's. Next thing I knew I was chasing the light and taking it in like I'd been crawling through a desert for days. Come along.....
Arriving at the beach about 1/2 mile from my house....Hardings Beach.
I've seen many sunsets but this one lit my soul.

Ever so slowly the sun began to develop fiery wings and those wings lifted my spirits to soaring.

It was all so magical in the solitude of the winter beach!
Looking to the east, everything was pink.



Believing, at this point, the wings were left there for me...
Home was calling me and as I drove away from the beach, I passed this view by Sulphur Springs marsh and the sunset called me one more time. Ah, winter, I was able to stop in the middle of the road and get this one last shot!
Love, peace and warmth to all.  I'll be back when the new laptop arrives.

4 comments:

Balisha said...

Gorgeous sunset...I can see why you stopped. I've had computer problems too...mine isn't very old, but I think I may have to get a new one.
See you when you are back.
Balisha

I have a new blog...address is
simplybalisha.blogspot.com

Sally Wessely said...

I don't know when I have ever seen a glorious sunset captured so beautifully. Did you use your phone camera? I do think that sunset was just for you. It lifted my spirits also. Truly, the photos are stunning.

Don't push it. Take care.

Judy said...

How wonderful to live on that peninsula of land where you can see both--sunrise and sunset! Those photos are simply magical!

Wisewebwoman said...

I too am blessed with spectacular sunsets. Your pics are fabulous, thank you!
XO
WWW