Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Coming Back

Such wonderful nursing care, one could never know, Ms G stands guard, LM gives me my twice-daily shots, cooks me delicious meals, and I have been resting and enjoying the Olympics.  Getting a little house-bound, but a little trip out today will help, I am sure. It is the first day I have felt better since being whisked away to the hospital.  The tiredness prevails although not as much. My cough has finally diminished, and that is a  huge relief.

Each day the VNA comes in and today we await the results of the latest blood draw to see if there is progress with my Coumadin levels. It is not a nice drug and I'm not happy knowing I'll have to be on it for 6 months, but if it keeps me safe from clotting, then, it must be. I'm able to keep an eye on my vital signs electronically each day and the results are sent back to the VNA. So far, so good. A visit with my doctor on Thursday will tell me more.

We had quite a big snowstorm over the weekend and are now expecting another storm this afternoon.

So that is a little update, and I thank you all for the love and messages of concern.

Wishing everyone a day of peace, love and acceptance.....

5 comments:

debbie said...

I'm so glad your getting better!!I'm sure you are getting a tad house-bound! At least you have Ms G & LM to keep you company. Today is...Ta Dah!!! sunny and 60!! yes, you read that right 60!! Its heaven. I had no idea it was going to be nice. It rained this morning. A lot of the snow has melted!! yay! Make me want spring to come!! ...debbie

Judy said...

I get so worried about because I know--you always write such a sunny, positive post in the midst of bad things!!! So--I hope you are doing much better. Those shots--are they Heperin--in the tummy? They hurt like heck!!!

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

continue to heal
and you have good care...

Balisha said...

Take care and stay warm. Don't start working too soon.
Balisha

Sharon said...

Thinking of you today and hoping the news is good. When I first read this post I outwardly sighed, relieved to hear that the meds and nursing care and nearness of loved ones are working their magic. I want you to have the weather we are having today ~ sunshine and 50 degrees!