Thursday, April 9, 2009

"The Island"

Sheer bliss.....my room was behind the oval door!
It has been a week of settling back into my usual routine, although there is a different attitude and outlook surrounding everything I' m doing.....my mind gently swings back and forth with thoughts of the island, and the breezes and warmth seem to have followed me. There is an ease in my soul, and I am sleeping so peacefully, as I did in my pretty room where I slept with windows and door opened to the soft Eleuthera air. Reflection on the beauty, the peace, the joy of being with Anne and David, and the fun of new discoveries, are sure to be with me for a long time to come.

Today was the first day that I felt fully present back at work and in my usual interactions.

Ms G remains with LM and is having a wonderful time......she's filling a void right now and offering solace. I'm comfortable knowing she is dispensing her special brand of love right where it is needed. I'll be there on Saturday night and wonder if she'll run and hide from me again (I know full-well she is so frightened that I will put her in the carrier and then the car again. It is so painful for her.

Daffodils are aplenty here, swaying in the breeze, and we had a hint of spring with temps near 50.
Blogger is not happily accepting photos right now so the rest will have to wait for another day.
Sleep is calling! Must rest as tomorrow night I am babysitting for my grandson, Teddy, for the first time. YEAH! He called me tonight to be sure I will be there.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It certainly looks blissful...you can almost hear the gulls, and the water and wind...hummmmmmm...so glad you came back feeling peaceful and rested...debbie