Friday, July 8, 2011

Deep Breath

Oh, I'm taking a deep breath of relief and hope.....John was released from home confinement today and the monitoring bracelet has been removed. We move on to another set of worries as our re-habilitated "chick" is let free to fly on his own. We've striven to imbue him with maturity and wisdom to make the right decisions. May our work and a lot of sacrifice not be in vain. This is John's LAST chance. His wonderful father called me with the news a few minutes ago and we feel like we're free for the first time in 6+ months, a VERY long 6 months. We are hoping John will stay put for a few months more while he finds a job and build a little reserve. We shall see how he accepts that plan. More waiting for us to be able to resume our lives but it may be insurance for the future.
Nothing has ever tested my strength and patience like these last months.
I'm still not ready to take the deep breath of relief and the first steps toward the recovery of our life, but I'm at the precipice.

Tomorrow, LM, Krisit and I are headed to Vermont to do a car swap for a local dealer. I have a feeling we will all go forth with lighter hearts.

I'll leave you with a few pictures of Bobalicious, the Sultan of Fur, aka my brother and sister-in-law's cat, Bob!! He really knows how to live and has his owners trained well to purchase him nothing but the finest of outdoor furniture.
Not to forget, this blogs namesake, the divine Ms G.....she caught a mouse last night and carefully delivered it to John. Our hero!
A happy fun summer weekend to you all.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Was DELIGHTED to read that John is off home confinement. Hard to believe it was 6 months. I'm sure you and LM are more than ready to get back to your old routine!! You've got 6 months of smoochin' to catch up on!! lol Hope John takes all the talks and advice to heart. My sweet silly Bobalicious! My second favorite kitty!! lol. He is too funny. Have a wonderful drive to Vermont and back!! At least you can get outta' Dodge for a day!! Have a great time!! ...debbie

Sally Wessely said...

This must have been such a relief for all of you. I do hope he is able to realize the sacrifice that others have made out of love and concern for him and his future and make good on the investment of love and guidance you all have given him.

Enjoy your trip.

Judy said...

I am still in wonderment that your relationship lasted through all this. So very difficult! Going forward with the hope that John stays on the fairly straight and narrow.

Crosby Kenyon said...

I don't know the history, but it sounds as if John is one lucky person to have you in his life.