Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Welcome 2010

Ms G had an incredibly exciting New Year celebration! She received a lovely and thoughtful gift box from her dear friend, Debbie, who I am sure had no idea just how much fun Ms G would have with the box in itself, after all, it was taped closed with that delicious packing tape. Here she is, after digging in, lots of noisy tape chewing, and sniffing out some catnip, she had the best time.
Oh my how she loves these little crinkly balls.
....and, she loves to entice her LM to dare touch her tummy, so she can then grab his hand and pretend to bite, attack, and be "vicious"....note the feet braced on the bottom of the chair. She pushes herself all over the place from this point. What a character!
She also had several visitors to spy on. The downey woodpecker and a sweet carolina wren were feeding madly at the suet during the storm we had here over the weekend. (That's the broken weathervane leaning inside the outdoor shower - it came down a few storms back)

My New Year is not off to the best start, although I must say that LM and I enjoyed a divine 3 day weekend indoors, and we amazed ourselves by staying awake to see in 2010.

Some health issues have raised their head high enough now to really get my attention, forcing me to see my physician Tuesday morning. There is a serious ulcer and diverticulitis invading my system right now and it is not fun. The symptoms have been worsening over the past 6 months or so and I had been chalking them up to stress, but it is way more. Blood work has been done, I have a scrip for the ulcer and will know more tomorrow. Meanwhile, I must stay on clear liquids and in a few days graduate to bananas, rice, applesauce and toast. YUM!
It is all a way for me to put more focus on my health in 2010, I am sure.

Despite it all, I am determined that 2010 is going to be a banner year, and that I will enjoy the beauty and gift of each day.
Happy New Year!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad Ms G enjoyed her Christmas! Ernie pays no attention to his toys except for the catnip. That really makes him silly! He just has no use for toys as he is just too grumpy. Know that you are in my thoughts and hoping you feel better soon, like...tomorrow!!! Please take care!...debbie

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Remove as much stress as possible.
I have had something similar - times in the past. I think most of my past health issues had to do with stress. Stress I recognised and stress I did not. If that makes sense. It seems that peace has finally fell on me like a wonderful cloak.
Look deep inside - anything that may be bothering you - let it go.
Time is going by so quickly.
Fondly - the Woman who lives in the Woods!!!

Poppy said...

I don't know how I managed to miss this post! I'm so sorry that you're feeling badly. Please take care of yourself and yes, divest yourself of all stress as soon as possible. I'll be thinking of you!