Monday, May 5, 2008

A May Day Walk




















It was very late afternoon when I set out for my daily walk and just too beautiful not to capture so many beautiful sights. I especially love the one just above here which shows a shellfisherman returning his boat to his mooring in the Mitchell River just off Stage Harbor.
Within 6 weeks the town will be filled with summer residents and day trippers. It is a viatl link in our economy but the population swells from 6000 to 15,000+. I really love to see others enjoy this beautiful place and I feel grateful that I can experience a walk like this one in all seasons of the year. Missing from this post are the bird songs as I passed the many conservation areas, not to mention the ever present cries of the gulls, the lapping waves, and the many spring flowers
(to be featured in another post).
Hope you enjoyed this little tour.

1 comment:

Beverly said...

Those pictures are wonderful. I feel like I went on the walk with you. Loved, loved, loved them.