We are preparing for Irene here. The company is busily getting each site as tight as possible, and LM and I are planning to spend the weekend together, as usual, but we'll work to get his house secure and plan to be without power, just in case, beginning late Sun. I will stay with him through the night Sunday rather than come home to be alone. So far, there is not much variation in Irene's path, and we are forecast to be east of the eye and where the highest winds will be. The wait seems interminable, as the moisture heavy air and heat attempt to stifle us.
All our attention has been on waiting for news from Eleuthera. The storm has passed over the island, and tropical winds and tidal surges have lashed our favorite place of fragile beauty. Communication from the island right now is very limited and only a few photos have come our way showing flooding, and a turned over airplane at the local airport....waiting feels endless. SIL David will go over as soon as he can (UPDATE: He arrived around 2 this afternoon, as far as we know) to be of help to neighbors and friends, and to check on the status of their house.
I will let you all know when I hear any news. This morning early we heard that the winds were very damaging, and that many home are destroyed on the south part of the island and surrounding small islands.
Otherwise, I am ready for the cleaning company to come in this morning to undo the damage I did in the smoothie disaster on Monday. It will be so nice to have all my rugs cleaned. Next I'm having the windows cleaned inside and out. Glad I waited until after the storm as much salt spray will be kicked up this weekend!
Love to all, and for anyone else in the storm path, take care!