Saturday, September 16, 2017

LOVE

Ms Graysea, our beloved friend and blog namesake, left this world yesterday afternoon.  She'd begun to fail over recent months, but we kept her going with the agreement that, when and if she stopped eating, we would release her from her tired little body.

She was gently helped along by our wonderful local veterinary staff,  while I held her closely, whispering in her ear as she fell asleep. She nuzzled my neck and purred to the very last second.  For 18 years she was "baby girl" and was the greatest entertainer!  Her last 8 years she has lived with LM, and those two shared an unbreakable bond. We shared our beautiful love with her and she gave us more.. LM was unable to be with us at the end, but he feels her loss profoundly.  
A fantastic mouser, certainly necessary in a house dating back to 1820, she caught her last one and presented it to LM last week.  

At this point, we are both shattered and finding it near impossible to go less than a few minutes without bursting in to another round of tears and sobbing.  We've had no sleep.  She is everywhere we look, and we keep thinking we hear or see her around each corner.  She loved nothing better than when we were all together.  





It was a fun run sharing Ms G with all of our blog friends, readers and family everywhere.
Our furry friends make this world so special, and teach us so much.
Thank you for all the love....we send it right back to you!
PEACE

PS. The blog will continue, with many more frequent posts, we hope!!

4 comments:

Sharon said...

Oh, Marcia, my heart breaks for you. We love our pets so much, and when they are gone we miss them so deeply. My thoughts are with you and LM as you move through the next days and weeks, grieving and remembering.

Thank you for your warm hello over at my "place." My trip to California was everything I hoped it would be ~ wonderful family time with hours to enjoy just being together and doing normal, everyday activities and having leisurely conversations.

I will get another post together soon, as I had a week at "quilt camp," we've had visits from both sons, and school has started again. I need time to take a breath and gather my thoughts.

Thinking of you ~
Sharon

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

I am so very sorry. I began following you because of your beautiful girl so many years ago. They grab our hearts and pieces of it goes with them, with great love comes great grief. Thinking of you with understanding.

Judy said...

This breaks my heart. How lucky you've been to have her for such a long time and to be able to share her with Lou. I always thought it was such a gracious gesture on your part to give YOUR cat to him. I would never do that.

Unknown said...

I am so sorry to hear that your lovely Ms Graysea has passed away. She gave you and us readers so much joy in her life. I like to think of my boy Sirius and my other pusses Minerva, Ariel, Ophelia, Merlin, Lucy, Phoebe are all resting by a warm fire waiting for us. Hugs to you.