Sunday, September 17, 2017

Awash

We've been cloaked in fog, morning and evening the last few days - remnants of Hurricane Irma, and the approaching Hurricane Jose.
Just after leaving my sweet baby girl at the vets on Friday afternoon, I drove right in to the late afternoon fog bank as I took my shattered self to meet LM at work. He was stationed at the Herring River Landing in W. Harwich to do interviews with recreational fisherman.
The fog obscured us as we sobbed in each other's arms. We sat there by the river as I shared the experience, wishing we could go back, while fully realizing we did the right thing.  How grateful I am that LM had Ms G for her last 8 years. She loved her life, and we loved her.  The weekend has been tough....and now, I am back at home without my love and the comfort that comes with his closeness.  Betty and Bosley are having a good time with some of Ms G's toys I brought home. T

We are experiencing another challenge here, as DIL, Alison's, mother is very sick, and Teddy is having a tough struggle over it all.  We are not telling him about Ms G right away, so life will be carrying me along, grief and all.
  Baby Girl's favorite blanket!

Fog

The fog comes 
on little cat feet. 

It sits looking 
over harbor and city 
on silent haunches 
and then moves on.

1 comment:

Judy said...

Betty and Bosley are cute, but they will never be Ms. Graysea. There are just some animals that come into our lives and settle right into our lap and our heart. i have that with my Buddy cat, but not my Maggie cat. Oh, she a nice cat, but she isn't caring about me like Buddy always is. He's knows my every mood and comforts me when I need it.