Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Doldrums

Yes, knee replacement recovery has serious doldrums....they come along moving in to the 4th week. It happened when my other one was done 8 years ago, and here they are again.
I cannot drive so am in the house day in and day out. There is only so much I can do. Cleaning is done, wash is all folded and put away and all pending paper work and phone calls have been attended to.  Kitchen counters and dishes are done, too. 

I have daily exercises to do and they can only take up so much time, THEN, it is time to sit, elevate and ice.  The chair gets really boring and uncomfortable after awhile.  I have watched a lot of movies, read books, played solitaire ad nauseum.

When I see the surgeon in a week, I am so hoping he will release me to drive and go to outpatient PT.
If the ice ever melts, I will be able to go and see my beloveds....LM and MS G. I miss our routine time together so much, it brings me to tears.

 The knee is coming along pretty well, and I am able to stand more time each day. The pain has subsided greatly, especially at night, so it allows me to sleep normally complete with tossing and turning without a lot of discomfort. At first it felt that my leg weighed 100 lbs. My incision has healed beautifully, and daily massage along each side has softened the skin and brought down any swelling.

So progress is slowly coming along. I just need to make it for another week.  With a little luck and good weather, LM will come and take me for a ride and to do some shopping on Saturday.

Love to all.......

5 comments:

Judy said...

If it is your left knee, you should be released to start PT at the 6 week mark. Then you will feel so much better. You will be at PT along with others in the same boat. I always enjoyed my PT so much, laughing with other, sometimes competing--we had a great time. Plus, it will help when the sun comes up and all the snow starts to recede!

Sharon said...

This time of year is the worst, especially if you are housebound. The good news is that by the time the outside temps are tolerable you will be up and around! Wishing you a fabulous PT experience ~

Sally Wessely said...

I hope your weekend works out the way you have hoped it would. I'm sure you are getting quite tired of this whole process by now.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Continue to heal
this time soon will be a memory.
So pleased you
are with much loved family.

Wisewebwoman said...

I hear you, my entrapment was of shorter duration but painful nevertheless.

Gave me so much of an appreciation for all we take so much for granted.

I hope your healing continues apace and that you will emerge joyfully from this hibernation. :)

XO
WWW