Friday, August 27, 2010

Fun with Nan and Charlie

Through my years living on Cape Cod - 33+ now - I've been blessed with some lovely and enduring friendships. They've seen me through the happiest and the lowest years of my life, and high up on that list is my friend, Nan. Alas, she moved "home" to Saratoga Springs, NY a few years ago, but we keep in touch and the caring has never diminished, only strengthened. We share the love of so many things, most especially the sea and cats. Her dear cat, SeaRay has been under the weather recently, and I was so grateful she did not have to cancel her trip here last week due to his health.
Nan brought a close friend, and high school classmate, Charlie, along and he brought me a gift, that goes near the top of my best ever list. Charlie gave me a birthday gift from Nan in the form of his talents...he spent nearly two hours with me doing reflexology, acupressure and reiki. A truly sublime experience. Charlie is very gifted and intuitive. He is also one of the funniest people I've ever met. Laughter is good for the soul, and I felt I'd been at the spa after his visit!

I took them on a little tour around Chatham after work last Monday and we then headed out to try to find dinner. That is a challenge in summertime here with all restaurants very crowded. We finally ended up at a really cute little place in Harwichport, The Wee Packet, which has been there since I can remember. My Mum and Dad loved to eat at there on their annual visits to the Cape in the Fall, so it was heartwarming for me to go there for the first time and experience what they loved so much. It is really adorable and old Cape Cod inside and the seafood was perfectly wonderful....we sat on the jalousied porch and that was a help on the very warm and humid evening.
Here's Nan
Charlie......love the little boy who was sitting in the window at an inside table. I am sure he was wondering about those crazy people laughing so much at the outside table!
You know who....aka my favorite date
Tired but having a great time!
The next morning our fun guests were on their way back to NY. I think the sand in their shoes will bring them back to stay on Cape Cod someday. "Twould be nice!!


2 comments:

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Thank you for sharing. I feel as though I was there with you.

Judy said...

What a wonderful time you had. You ALWAYS are having fun!!!