Tuesday, June 12, 2018

On the Road Again.....well, almost!

As the end of Teddy's third grade year comes to an end, we will be launching our first road trip with Teddy along for the ride!  9 years old, seems the appropriate time to hit the road with Nana and Lou, to pay a visit to my sister, Margaret, and her family in Waterloo, Ontario. LM and I are old pros on this route, and there are lots of thrills for us to share.  My goal here, is to share the ride as much as possible for the rest of the family and Teddy to have and enjoy. This will be a first for Teddy to be away from his parents so long, and so far.  I think the silence in the house will be deafening. Seeing that Mr Boz has some Chobani yogurt every morning, the lonely parents will be kept busy, and not too lonely, I hope.   

Departure is scheduled for 4 am on Thursday, June 21 with our goal for the day being Napanee, Ontario.  Meanwhile, we are thoughtfully packing and enjoying the anticipation.  Teddy has a sparkling new passport, and some pretty spiffy new clothes, along with a journal in which to record his version of our expedition. Both going up and coming home, we have some exciting surprises planned. 

Lou has rented a nice new car to ensure our comfort and safety. I believe it will be a Ford Fusion, and, of course, there is room for fishing equipment.  

For over 3 months, I have been hobbled by stress fractures in my right foot, and plantar fasciitis in both feet.  At long last, I am about at 90% and holding, under strict instructions from my physician, not to stress the feet anymore than necessary, and to do a lot of daily stretches, etc.  So far, so good this week. I have had several regressions with this condition, much to my chagrin.  I do not take well to being relegated to a chair for most of the time, and especially giving up my visits to the gym. 
 
So I leave you now to get back to my slow-paced trip prep, and will happily return with more details as we near the launch time. 

Love and peace to all...….




No comments: