Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Soul Food

I know I promised more trip pictures this weekend, and all my intentions were good but the call of beautiful weather and a yard/garden that hasn't been tended to in way too long, brought LM and I outside for most of Saturday and Sunday!  I had a burst of energy and I dragged my left leg (knee needs replacement) around after myself and we accomplished a tremendous amount. How lovely to see all the green shoots coming up under the mountains of leaves we raked away.  We now have a little pot of pansies on the back step and at least one small area of the garden is neatly trimmed and raked. we couldn't stop exclaiming about feeding our souls!!

4 comments:

Balisha said...

Your header is beautiful. Yes, the outdoors does call at this time of year. I spent the better part of the day outside.
Have a nice evening...Balisha

Judy said...

I love your new header--what a beautiful view!!! I haven't raked as yet--but I am about too!!! I think, here in Michigan, we need to wait just a wee bit more before we rake off the protective layers of leaves--we have been known to have heavy snow in April.

Sally Wessely said...

This is great. Enjoy the nice weather and the beginnings of spring. You had a long, hard winter. It is time to bloom again. Hugs.

debbie said...

I agree, your header is really pretty! We cleaned mom's back porch from leaves and swept the patio and put out her furniture! It looks really nice, all she needs is a few flowers to round it out!! My tulips are getting ray to bloom!!...debbie