Sunday, February 17, 2013

I Love Winter, YES, I do!

 There is lots of sewing/quilting in my winter world, and I am loving my latest project, as it is finally a quilt for my bed!!  These are a few of the blocks I have done thus far.
 This is what it looks like outside today....yes, another big storm.  On the heels of my near-hypothermic experience last weekend, I am keeping busy as I pray the power does not go off again. Winds at 60+ mph right now.
 It keeps on coming.  A happy cocoon of cleaning, cooking, and blissful silence is keeping me very happy. A pork tenderloin is in the crock pot with a just-concocted marinade of brown sugar, soy sauce, fresh ginger, garlic and sherry, as well as some sweet chili sauce. I'll share it tomorrow with LM and Kristi. 
 A little more intense and the driving snow makes it dark.

 Winter also brings Valentine's Day and mine went over and abve to show his love this year.  I had to share the card.....we do love donkeys, and I guess he just about lost control when he found this card..I tried several times to rotate this photo but it wouldn't stay rotated - stubborn as a donkey, I guess.
 It is true love, no doubt. I am so blessed. 
 My Valentine also found this beautiful ring for me....put it round a candle (have them out in prep for a power failure).  Two lovely starfish to go round my finger. 
The groundhog told us we would only have two more weeks of winter and his time is about up.  I can't really say I mind it though.  We needed a good old-fashioned snowy spell, and our aquifer is surely breathing a deep sigh, or gulp, of relief.

Back to sewing, and looking forward to the Downton Abbey season finale tonight. So nice not to have to get up for work tomorrow, too.  Happy Presidents' Day, and much love to all!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the beginnings of your quilt, and love the pictures of the snow. So hope you don't lose power. I think God created winter and especially heavy snow winters, to give us all rest...we have no choices that way...

Anonymous said...

Love Lou's Valentine!! How Cute!! It looked very blustry out there! We had a mini snow storm last night and today most of it has melted away! It's been nice and sunny all day! But only 36. I'm going to like your quilt! Cute squares with kitties and flowers and poka dots!! Have a good day at work tomorrow!!...debbie

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Oh, it looks so cold.
Love the quilt
The tenderloin sounds good and I can smell the cooking clear to my woods :)
Wish I could get Downton Abbey
on my TV. May have to invest in an antenna...
Do not watch television often
but miss a good show.

Balisha said...

I love the start of your quilt.
I'm a Downton Abbey fan too. I watched the last show of the season and now have to wait for the next season. I love so many British things...favorite books and several blogs.
Your tenderloin sounds delicious. Crockpots are wonderful aren't they?
Balisha

Judy said...

The quilt is going to be so cute!!! Love the kitty and the birds. All of our lakes and ponds and farm land out west need all this snow--it may help with the drought problem? I love a snow day--no reason to go anyway--because we can't, and just stay in and play!!!

Judy said...

I forgot--LOVE the card from LM!!!