Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Stopping By

We are back from our delightful trip to Ontario, Canada to visit my sister, Margaret and family, and , I PROMISE, I am working on a post with lots of photos of all the beauty we shared.

Meanwhile, I came home and dove right in to staying on top of Teddy's schedule, and making sure he is happily where supposed he is to be each day.  Kindergarten comes to an end on Monday 1/22 with a half day.  He has had such an incredible year of growth, fun learning, and has most certainly begin to grasp the concept that for many years to come, he will have homework most every night.  Settling in to that rhythm was not an easy task.  He's matured in so many ways and it is a privilege for me to be a major part of this journey with my sweet Teddy. After a summer filled with day camp, he will begin 1st grade, and his teacher has given us a hefty list of things to encourage his readiness.  We're working on table manners, reading, writing through journaling, counting money, +and much more. 
There's lots of fun mixed in, too. We've been working on gardens, and he went to a PBS Kratts event last weekend with his Dad. Seeing The Kratts is his favorite TV show, that was a thrill. Next week Teddy will go with his Mom, Alison, to visit her parents summer home in NH.  That means time on the lake, driving Pepere's golf cart and much more. We're also keeping up with our bird watching and writing down the sightings.  Right here at home, we have a veritable bird show in the back yard all the time, not to mention all the other little critters to spy on.  The resident woodchuck ate all Teddy's vegetable garden.  Oh well, he's fat and happy.

Now that I am feeling so much better, and in command of my new knee, my time has been filled up with fitness sessions, many more chores, and working on quilts, too.  The weekends are spent with my darling, LM, and we've accomplished many things at his house that had been awaiting my strength.  Feels so good!

Well, that is a little catch-up until I finish working on the trip post. Off to get Teddy and go to the library.
Memorial Day weekend found LM teaching Teddy to fish and bait the hook with live worms....they had such fun. T had announced that he had no intention of touching the worms but he got in to it!


Love and peace to all!!


1 comment:

Wisewebwoman said...

I am so glad you're back on your feet again. Should mention your pink print is really, really hard to read :)

Sounds like a great summer!!

XO
WWW