Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Privet Time

Everywhere we go these warm and humid July days, the air is filled with the scent of Privet.
Yesterday, I spent a nice day with neighbor, Peg, and it is her favorite scent, too.  After cruising a few of our favorite thrift and consignment shops, we took a drive over to Marion, on what is called the Massachusetts South Coast.  It is a classically beautiful New England coastal town, and there seemed to be Privet hedges at every house we passed.  After a nice tour through the area....known well by Peg, as her daughter is renting a home there on the water for the summer, we came back to Wareham and had a little waterfront lunch to catch up on our lives, laughing and commiserating - there is nothing like a good friend.

Teddy is off to camp for the day, and I am about to go to the gym, followed by a grocery trip.  I've promised myself I will come home and read this afternoon.  Have a good book going with some interesting New England history, "The House at Lobster Cove," by Jane Goodrich.

I will leave you with a beautiful Cape Cod sunset captured by my love, LM, on 4th of July, evening in Yarmouthport on Mill Creek.


Peace, smiles and love!

3 comments:

Judy said...

Privet Hedges remind me of olden times. My ancestor's always seemed to have them by the outbuildings. I have 4 bushes under my living room and bedroom windows, so I get the scent in the house too.
What a lovely day you had with Peg.

Sally Wessely said...

I have been a missing person in bloggerland. I so miss reading your news, so it was good to see this post.

Privet doesn't grow around here. I wish it did. It sound heavenly.

The book sounds interesting. You'll have to let us know what you think.

Sharon said...

Gorgeous sunset. I caught up with my friend named Peg last week;)