Wednesday, January 17, 2018

The Present

Glimpses......

 For the first time in 20 years I have a headboard.  Found this beauty for 10. at a local consignment shop.  Boz and Betty are certain it was acquired as a fancy scratching post!!  
Florida grandson, Marshall and his girlfriend, Paige came to Chatham in December, and became engaged.  It was a delightfully romantic time to share.
An engagement dinner...L-R:  myself, son, Jason, Marshall, Paige, Teddy, DIL, Alison.


It's been a while.....I am still here, happy, healthy, and filled with the joy of daily life as a live-in Nana. I do tend to stumble over realizing how much I have missed posting special life events on here, so I will try to catch up a little with some random thing from the past year that make me so happy


LM and I still mourn Ms G's passing in September but we are content knowing she had a great life, and kitties cannot stay with us forever no matter how much love we give.  Meanwhile, We have Bosley and Betty for great entertainment, so much love, and a lot of mischief.

We are having a very cold and messy winter so far, and today was another of those days when we woke up wondering, "will there be school, or not?"  Teddy was off at the usual time though, and I got to spend a nice day at home with Alison, my lovely daughter-in-law. She is a gift to me in so many ways.

Tomorrow I am back to my little volunteer job at Teddy's school.  He is so fortunate to have a beautiful, warm and welcoming school with so many dedicated teachers. He is thriving and loving everyday.

Quilting is put away for now.....I do long to be as productive, as in the past, but time and space do not allow.  So strange that when I worked a full-time job, I seemed to have much more time, and get so much more done.....at my former home, I could leave projects out and take up easily whenever the urge struck.  I have come to peace with the fact that this is another of life's phases, and it is OK.
Last week, I did put some fabrics out, and have the desire to make a pillow with a pieced top. We shall see where that leads. Design ideas are flowing.

A lot of my spare time goes in to going to work out with my personal trainer 3 times a week.  The new strength and energy goes a long way to making me able to keep up with Teddy's schedule.

That's my present, and for today, I am beyond grateful and at peace.  I have circled the wagons around my soul, and love my life. It is precious.

PEACE!


No comments: