Thursday, July 20, 2017

PHEW and Joy

We're havin" a heat wave here, and the name of my game, is stay calm and cool.  I will deliver Teddy to the camp bus at 8:40, and return quickly to my air conditioned aerie.  The downstairs has no AC and it is insufferable during the day. I'm not happy with the impact heat has on my aging body, and even with exercise, etc, I begin to fall apart if exposed to long.  Being able to just stay quiet and read, rest, and do a little puttering, is a gift, and I am grateful.

The cats are a bit active early in the day, then they find a corner and flatten themselves out on the floor. They are models for coping!

Our kitchen stove died last weekend and a new one will be delivered tomorrow morning. Looking forward to a stainless steel and black beauty, and preparing some meals again. This week has been whatever can be micowaved or grilled, and it is a bit too much to stand over a hot grille. DIL's car died last week, too, so a new/used Subaru Forrester is arriving on Saturday.  The old Forrester had well over 200,00 miles and was beginning to complain loudly.  Teddy is very excited for the new car to arrive!

That is about it from the doldrums this morning......sending peace, smiles and love this morning, as Bosley has just arrived to check the wastebasket in my sitting room for muffins, etc.  

JOY:  Sharing a recent family gathering during Anne's visit and just before a delicious dinner at Americana Cafe in Wareham, MA
From the left:  LM (my love), son, Jason, grandson, Teddy, daughter-in-law, Alison, daughter, Anne, and MOI.  A memorable and special evening.




4 comments:

Judy said...

You look wonderful!!! I thought cold weather was supposed to negatively effect old people. For me, it's the heat and especially, the humidity. I don't like having the house closed up all the time, but there is no other choice. I think the next buy on your kids list should be central air. LOL

Fabulously Always said...

:) I haven't read is so long, lovely photo! Fabulously!

MsGraysea said...

Wow, Hello Fabulously.....I have missed you, and thought of you often.
Glad you stopped by....with my full-time Nana job I have so little time to write anymore, but my heart is still with so many of my favorite bloggers. Wishing you well!

Wisewebwoman said...

You and fam look wonderful. I know, the heat will be gone soon and winter will have its way with us.

XO
WWW