Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Post Arthur

Arthur paid us a visit for a little under a day. He arrived following many days of heavy, dark, oppressive air and soggy nights. I had decided not to install my AC unit because I am moving so soon...last week proved that to be a not so smart decision. Nonetheless, I survived to enjoy the glorious cool, clear, breezy weather left behind by Arthur.
The storm did take down a very old and beautiful tree near my house, and with it came two phone poles and part of another tree.  When I woke the morning after the storm, there was no power and it was out for a day while many different utility companies were filling the street and making the repairs. That all made for extremely heavy traffic as we are in peak season with visitors to our beautiful town.

A happy reunion took place on Saturday at Jason and Alison's house and I was together with 3 of my grandchildren for the first time in many years. It was a day of many emotions, much joy, and regrets that time did not allow individual private visits with these wonderful grandchildren.


Evening found us back at LM's and the Golden Hour came just as we set out to visit the beach for sunset and a bit of fishing.  My new header was taken under a lovely tree in LM's front garden along the street. The light was just perfect and as I stood there enveloped in the glow, healing began to fill my soul.  Nature is always the answer, but its nourishment doesn't stay by me long these days, making constant replenishment an exhausting process. I'm tired, somewhat sad, and my energy and endurance are at an all-time low...The move will be on August 10. Meanwhile I am still working full-time, battling killer allergies, and other health challenges. Honesty is where it is right now with this life change, and somedays it isn't pretty.  I am struggling right now with going to work as I was up most of the night with sneezing, headache and nosebleeds.

One foot in front of the other, I am seeking out healing beauty....the first glow of sunshine is coming through the trees in its golden cloak, and a flicker is banging on the house...as loud as he is, I welcome his presence as an alarm clock and a beautiful creation.

As I sit here finishing my morning iced tea with lemon, I wish you all a wonderful summer day.

Hope you all had a lovely fourth celebration!

Love and peace!


5 comments:

Sharon said...

Oh, transition, the hardest state of all. We're up, we're down, and we're all around. The "up" times keep us going, and the "down" times allow us to process all the emotions that we're honestly feeling. I appreciate all that you share because I don't relish any time spent in transition, and it helps to know I'm in good company. I smiled at the mention of a morning iced tea. My acupuncturist strongly suggested again yesterday that I'd do better with less coffee. I'm not ready to tackle a transition away from my morning coffee just yet:)

MsGraysea said...

Thank you so much, Sharon. I know you understand. I am all over the place...meds do not make it any easier.
It will all work out and be wonderful, but in the meantime.....LOL
I have never had a cup of coffee in my life. In the last year I have really enjoyed iced tea in the morning. Formerly, I always had hot Earl Gray. Another change, and one I've embraced. I know many who are not ready to give up coffee. I sort of understand.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

This one understands so well what you are sharing about health and transition times. Been there over the last 5 years and so fortunate this did not happen until in my 70's. Well aware of the storms
as my granddaughter continues
working in your area. You are surrounded by beauty and love and hope you are soon feeling better as all
falls in place in your new home. Always a tea drinker but lately have started having a cup of decaf coffee several mornings a week :)

Sally Wessely said...

My heart goes out to you. I do hope you will be feeling better soon, because you really do have a lot going on in your world right now. The move has to be somewhat bittersweet. I have been in my house for going on two years, I still have not made it my own and felt like I can function here. I don't know why change gets harder as we get older.

You do look marvelous. I wish you felt as good as you look. I'm also glad the grandchildren were able to spend time with you, and you with them. They grow up way too fast. Hugs.

debbie said...

How wonderful you were able to meet your three Grandchildren once again. Probably grew a foot since you've last seen them!! Very good looking Kids!!

I can imagine your new life will be sad, a little depression, thrilling, and nerve-wracking! But I think you will settle in nicely in no Time!! Just being around the grandkids will be so much fun!! You might have to get used to the noise however!!! lol It'll all fall into place soon enough!!

thinking of you these days.....love, debbie