Sunday, December 29, 2013

Flu

It started on Christmas night - an attack of vertigo so scary that I couldn't walk without lurching in to things, and then had no choice but to close my eyes. After some fitful sleep, I woke with a really serious cough and I was on the slippery slope from there with chills, a temperature, headache and all sorts of  other aches.
Laying low....finished up my dog sitting stint and have been in my house since.  Today I am missing "Christmas" at my son's house with my little grandchildren, and my brothers as well as the rest of the family. A day I had been dreaming about for so long. Dear sweet, LM, came and got my car, all the gifts, then picked up Sara and Samantha and was off to the party without Nana.  He promises pictures and I am comforting myself with the fact that everyone is together, and also, knowing that I am basically very healthy, so will fight this thing off in a few days. I understand the flu is really spreading fast across MA right now, and in other areas of the country.
Hoping you all will be spared.

Peace and wishes for a wonderful New Year.  I will be done with this by then, yes, I will!! 

2 comments:

Balisha said...

I feel so bad for you. I missed Christmas last year for the same reason. Please take care of yourself and keep warm. Take care of that cough. Mine developed into bronchitis and I ended up going to the Dr. anyway.
Hugs...Balisha

Judy said...

Oh No!! I missed Christmas one year because I had the Norovirus--it is sad!! Did you not get a flu shot in October?